Top Ten: 10 Reasons to Choose Collaborative Divorce
Welcome to Collaborative Divorce Vermont, a professional group dedicated to respectfully resolving family disputes. As you contemplate the options for your divorce process, we encourage you to read the following points to help you decide whether Collaborative Divorce is right for your family.
- You want a respectful resolution of the issues.
- You want to preserve the possibility of a respectful relationship (perhaps even a friendship) with your partner after the dispute is resolved.
- You and your partner will be co-parenting children together and you want the best co-parenting relationship possible. Further, you want to protect your children from the harm associated with parental conflict that comes with a litigated divorce.
- You have ethical or spiritual beliefs that place high value on taking personal responsibility for handling conflicts with integrity.
- You value your privacy in your personal affairs and you do not want details of your divorce to be available in the public Court record.
- You believe that you and your partner are able to make the best decisions for your family. You do not want to hand over decision-making about your future financial position and/or your children’s lives to a stranger, such as a judge.
- You want to find a creative and individual solution to your problem.
- You wish to resolve issues rather than apportion blame, and you want to work creatively toward resolutions rather than exacting revenge.
- You and your partner are looking for a process that supports LGBTQ+ families.
- You want the support of specially trained and experienced professionals.
We are glad you are here, and hope that you will find our website useful and informative.